Final five London Sport Awards category partners confirmed
With just days to go until the London Sport Awards 2020, supported by the City of London Corporation, London Sport are delighted to reveal the five remaining Award category partners.
Today’s announcement means that all ten London Sport Award categories have support from business and sport sector representatives with each partner set to present their respective Award at the Guildhall on Friday night.
BBC Radio London has been a key supporter of the Awards in 2020, broadcasting the shortlist reveal and interviewing previous winners live on Eddie Nestor’s Drivetime Show back in January.
The London Youth Games encompasses a season of events taking place over nine months including both School and Community competitions across 30 different sports with 90 different disciplines.
London Sport Event Manager, Rachel Rowe, said:
“We’re extremely grateful to all our Award category partners for choosing to support the biggest celebration of grassroots physical activity and sport in the capital.
“The London Sport Awards relies heavily on the support of all kinds of businesses to put on a fantastic event and I cannot wait to see sponsors, nominees and guests come together at the Guildhall.”
House of Sport’s Head of Operations, Kimberley Pierce, said:
“We’re so excited to be backing The Community Impact Award at this year’s London Sport Awards which has three incredible nominees doing some amazing work across the capital.
“The Awards is a fabulous evening which brings London’s physical activity and sport sector together, something we believe House of Sport can do on a daily basis with our event and office space.”
The ten London Sport Awards:
- The Children and Young People Award in association with PlayInnovation
- The Technology and Innovation Award in association with Sport Tech Hub
- The Health and Wellbeing Award in association with BBC Radio London
- Volunteer of the Year in association with Davies Sports
- The Sport Unites Award in association with Mayor of London
- The Impact of Elite Sport Award in association with Lee Valley Regional Park Authority
- The Enhancing the Workforce Award in association with Spond
- The Community Impact Award in association with House of Sport
- The Business Contribution Award in association with City of London Corporation
- Inspirational Young Person of the Year in association with London Youth Games